Damaged - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Damaged.gg for the latest updates.

[Exclusive] Use ANY font/typeface for FREE in your logo/designs

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

Hi all, I have a process that basically means you can use virtually any paid font for free.

Hidden Content
First, make sure you can't find the font already by using www.getthefont.com, or from using google to search site:vk.com or site:github.com for [font name.ttf/otf].

Now, if none of those worked, which is often the case for me and my discerning tastes,
  1. Find the font on a marketplace site like www.myfonts.com
  2. Choose which one you want to use
    • in my case, I want to use the Extra Bold version, so I click on Coliseum Pro ExtraBold
  3. Put the text you want to use the font for in the "Enter your own text" field at the top.
  4. Slide the size slider at the top right all the way to the biggest size.
  5. Right click and copy the generated preview image.
  6. Use an image vectorizer, to transform the black and white text into a vector. In my case I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC 2017. You can also use Inkscape or other free online image vectorizer sites like https://www.vectorizer.io/ (if this doesn't work well for you, there are plenty others, just search "online image vectorizer". I will just give the instructions for Illustrator since most designers here will already have it, and tutorials for inkscape and other software is easy to google.
    • For Adobe Illustrator, paste the text image in a blank document and go Window > Image Trace.
      1. Select "Black and White Logo" from the "Mode" selector,
      2. Open the "Advanced" section and drag the "Paths" handle all the way to 100% (for tightest fit)
      3. Select "Ignore White" checkmark at the bottom
      4. Press "Trace."
      5. In the "Properties" window, click "Expand."
  7. You now have an editable vector of your chosen text that can be used at any size without quality loss. You can copy and paste it into Photoshop or save it SVG, AI, or any way you like.
Bonus: This process can also be used to save the entire character set by doing this for all the uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters, etc. and using the letters individually, or by putting them into a font creator/editor software like FontForge to make it a real installable font.

[Image: pepehappy.png]

Please remember to hit LIKE if you LIKE THIS POST
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f...352e676966]

askaboi

Premium member
Premium

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(07 February, 2020 - 09:14 PM)element4l Wrote: Show More
Hi all, I have a process that basically means you can use virtually any paid font for free.

Thanks a lot for this

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(07 February, 2020 - 09:14 PM)element4l Wrote: Show More

All paid fonts for free?