Damaged - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Damaged.gg for the latest updates.

Part 3: The Masters Guide For Anonymous and Secure Internet Usage! [High Quality]

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

[HIDE] 9. Make sure that SOCKS v5 is selected at the bottom.
20. Click Ok and then Close

Now we have instructed Firefox to use TOR. However, Firefox cannot use TOR yet. Right now, Ubuntu is completely unable to connect to the Internet. We
are going to change that.

21. Go to Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
22. Type in: sudo bash (and hit enter)
23. Type in your password if prompted.
24. Type in the following commands exactly as shown below (or copy paste them):

ifconfig eth0 10.0.3.2
/etc/init.d/polipo stop
/etc/init.d/tor stop
/etc/init.d/privoxy stop

(Note: the last three commands, those beginning with /etc/ are only necessary if you installed Torchat)
Now you have told your Ubuntu machine to join the same network that your Firewall is on. Now we can establish a tunnel for TOR data to flow from our Ubuntu machine, through the Firewall, into your Windows guest machine. We need to establish two such tunnels.

The first tunnel for port 9050 data, and the second tunnel for port 8118 data. When these two tunnels are set up, it will be possible for you to use your Ubuntu machine to access any website using TOR. Further, it is still completely impossible for your Ubuntu machine to access the Internet in any other way.

25. Your terminal window should still be open. Type in the following command exactly as shown (or copy paste it):

ssh -N -L 9050:10.0.2.2:9050 [emailprotected]
26. Type yes if prompted. When prompted for the password, give your Firewall password. Not your Ubuntu password.

After you hit enter, you will see the cursor go to a blank line and nothing else happens. This simply means the connection you requested is active. If the connection were to stop for any reason, you would return to a command prompt. If you want to terminate the connection yourself, simply hit CTRL+C. You can type in the same ssh command again if you need to re-open the tunnel.

27. Now we are going to open the second tunnel. In your terminal window, go to File and Open Tab. This will open up a tab for a second terminal without affecting the first.
28. Now, type exactly as shown below to open the second tunnel:

ssh -N -L 8118:10.0.2.2:8118 [emailprotected]
29. Return to Firefox. Go to the File menu and uncheck Work Offline if it is checked.
30. Go to the URL:
http://check.torproject.org

If you see the text: Congratulations. Your browser is configured to use Tor then you are all set! Your Ubuntu virtual machine is now NOT connected to the internet in any way. However, you can browse any website using TOR, even Youtube. You do not have to be afraid of javascript or Flash. Any files you saveonto your virtual machine will automatically be saved in the encrypted truecrypt volume you set up earlier. In fact, everything the virtual machine does will be contained within that truecrypt volume.

Further, even if someone somehow managed to remotely gain full root access to your Ubuntu machine (absurdly unlikely to happen), they would still not be able to see *anything* about who you are, or what your real IP address is, or even that you are using a Virtual Machine. To them, it would appear that the Ubuntu machine is your main computer. They would be totally unable to compromise your identity based on this alone.

However, keep the following in mind. If someone were to gain access to your Ubuntu machine, they WOULD be able to see anything you have used it for or any files you have saved. Therefore, I recommend for the sake of absolute security, do not store anything on your Ubuntu virtual machine that identifies you. This is just a precaution. It is virtually impossible that someone would manage to remotely gain access to your Ubuntu machine.

=== 17. General Daily Usage ===
Much of this guide has involved detailed one-time setup processes. From now on, all you have to do when you want to use TOR from your Ubuntu virtual machine is to follow these steps. Every step listed is a step you have already done, so feel free to re-visit earlier sections if you need help.

1. Start TrueCrypt, and mount your hidden volume which contains your virtual machine.
2. Start VirtualBox
3. Start TorBrowser Bundle.
4. Click Firewall to highlight it, and then click on Snapshots (1) in the top right.
5. Right click on Snapshot 1 and then select Restore Snapshot. Select Restore if prompted.
6. Right click Firewall and click Start
7. Right click Primary and click Start. Log in as normal.
8. Go to Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
9. Type in: sudo bash (and hit enter)
10. Type in your password if prompted.
11. Type in the following commands exactly as shown below (or copy paste them):

ifconfig eth0 10.0.3.2
/etc/init.d/polipo stop
/etc/init.d/tor stop
/etc/init.d/privoxy stop

(Note: the last three commands, those beginning with /etc/ are only necessary if you installed Torchat)

12. Your terminal window should still be open. Type in the following command exactly as shown (or copy paste it):
ssh -N -L 9050:10.0.2.2:9050 [emailprotected]
13. Type yes if prompted. When prompted for the password, give your Firewall password. Not your Ubuntu password.
14. In your terminal window, go to File and Open Tab.
15. Now, type exactly as shown below to open the second tunnel:
ssh -N -L 8118:10.0.2.2:8118 [emailprotected]
16. Return to Firefox. Go to the File menu and uncheck Work Offline if it is checked.
17. Go to the URL:
http://check.torproject.org

If you see the text: Congratulations. Your browser is configured to use Tor then you are all set!
Enjoy!

Phew, now i have it complete ! I admit its quite extensive, not to say enourmous, but its the best how-to on anonymity and other safety procedures i have found so far. It secures your sys black-hat style^^ :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hat_Briefings
(for those of you who dont know black hat ^^)

You dont have to do all steps at once. You can do a little of it every time you have an hour or two to spare. I think for the whole procedure you will need roughly 8-12 hours. I think its written in a way everybody should be able to follow. If there are still steps unclear just ask, i will see if i can help you. btw this is written for noobs, but the tips here are interesting for allmost everybody.

P.S.: Once you have installed TOR you can get access to TOR hidden services and other interesting deep-web pages. If you want some links for your first steps into this hidden part of the internet just ask me. If there is a lot of requests i will write an extra thread with the most important websites in the deepweb. One thing before you get started : most deepweb pages arent online 24/7. So if you cant reach a certain website be patient and try again and again till you get access. Another thing : you will find websites that are pretty shocking and disturbing. In 99.5% you will see beforehand what you find on those sites, so if you dont want to see certain things dont klick on the links.

Now that you have a really secure system, you should know what to do when the shit hits the fan and you are arrested or your home gets searched. SYour system, is secured in a way they cant break, so the only thing that can incriminate you now is your testimony.

These 2 youtube videos are 2 lectures on behaviour towards the police in such situations. Part one is done by a criminal defense attorney, part 2 by a very experienced police officer. They both tell you about the tricks the police uses and how you should react :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6wXkI4t7nuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=08fZQWjDVKE

Say nothing and ask for a lawyer, ALLWAYS ! You cannot improve your situation with anything you say (this is counterintuitive, but the attorney here has in his whole carrer NEVER heared of single case where a suspect could help his case by talking to the police, but he could name many cases where they made matters way worse) but you can make it a lot worse, so shut the hell up and wait for your lawyer.

Even him being a defense lawyer wouldnt talk to the police under any circumstances. You can tell your story before court AND NEVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, BEFORE THAT ! Even the cop in lecture 2 says NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE !!!!!
Security / Protection Handbooks:

VPNs:

Reviews on VPNs:
VPN Advice:
VPN Watchers:
Staying Safe:
Storing Sensitive Information:
Chat Safe:
Configuring a Tor Relay:
  • Download the Tor Browser Bundle for your Operating System (windows/Linux or Mac) fromhttp://www.torproject.org
  • Install and run it.
  • You should have the Vidalia Control Panel somewhere on your desktop.
  • Click on Setup Relaying.
  • You have a few options here:-
  • Non-exit relay (just pass traffic around TOR network)
  • Exit relay (pass traffic out onto the internet on behalf of other users)
  • Help censored users reach the Tor network (makes you a hidden connection that people in countries that block Tor can use to get to Tor)
  • I chose Relay traffic for the Tor network (exit relay).
  • I also chose >1.5Mbps bandwidth.
  • Once done here, go to Exit Policies.
  • Tick all the traffic you are happy to allow out through your internet connection for other people.
  • I ticked all of them except for Misc Other Services but this is a personal choice - as some may allow abusive traffic.
  • I then clicked on basic Settings.
  • Ticked the box Attempt to automatically configure port forwarding.
  • Clicked the Test button, this showed everything as Ok.
  • I clicked on close on the Test popup window.
  • Click on Ok.
  • I did this on Linux, hopefully the instructions are the same/similar for Windows and Mac.
***There can be some problem with some steps, software is changing all time, feel free to share your experience. Take this tutorial as guide for understanding safe browsing***
[/HIDE]

thankgod

Premium member
Premium

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

Thanks Unhash

Justinlever

Royal