Damaged - Embrace the Infinite

Step into the world of endless opportunities and unlock the gateway to virtual transactions.

• Domain Update: Our Forum has moved! Please visit us at Damaged.gg for the latest updates.

using lottery system in giveaway section.

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

SORRY FOR A BIG THREAD, PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ IT! THANK YOU

well lets take a look at current giveaway section:-
host posts a giveaway -> user needs to reply something to participate.

well there are certain cons to it:-
1) well the ultimate goal here is to participate, so for that going down and typing some random stuff just to participate is not really necessary. and imagine if a thread has like 60 replies, its really hard to verify if u replied or not, its time taking is what i mean.
2) using replies as boosts, well replying for a thread is just to participate, and some ask to mention 2-3 users so that even they come and participate. no offense but it is what it is. and we know the famous line "likes and reps are appreciated but not required" so you know what i mean.
3)its a thread filled with spam, ultimately to pick up a winner. i mean this would have been normal, but now we saw lottery system. the way it works. its easy!

my suggestion:

so imagine a whole new giveaway system, which is similar to lottery system with a few tweaks to it: so basically the host can post a small thread where he can describe what it is about,( and can even promote his service from which if it is sponsored if required). then he will also mention the number of winners, based on which the slots are generated, just like in lottery:
[Image: URODPLO.png]

then afterwards he will post it. the users just have to click on a participate button (just like in lottery). and the host can either select "random winner" which will ultimately end the giveaway and will mention the winner on top (just like in lottery):
[Image: ju1xODV.png]

or manually enter the winners and click on "end giveaway", which will let users know it is ended and no more participation is required, so they cant click on the participate button anymore after it ends.

and in the giveaway section we can also have something like this to let users know whether the giveaway is active or not:
[Image: 5xOXDQj.png]

well in simple words:
the host has to put up a giveaway thread as usual, the user just has to click on a button to participate. thats it. no more replies and all promotional nonsense.

and this will be really sick compared to old method and the method used on other forums! its a game changer as we already have lottery system, we dont need to build something again. just implement it here

RIP @Tomaat

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

(28 October, 2022 - 11:18 PM)Underscore Wrote: Show More
The giveaway system dont need any type of "revamp", its supposed to be a "Giveaway", not "Hey i want likes"

Kap

i agree sir, but thats what is happening in the section if you see. and well this makes it much more convenient to participate. no boosting stuff as well!

RIP @Tomaat

0%

Status

Rep

Bits

Years of Service

i didnt read through this but i agree